About The Pet Care Trust
Incorporated in Washington, D.C. in 1990, The Pet Care Trust is a non-profit, charitable, public foundation. The purpose of The Pet Care Trust is to help promote public understanding regarding the value of and right to enjoy companion animals, to enhance knowledge about companion animals through research and education, and to promote professionalism among members of the companion animal community.
Companion Animals – Our Mission
To promote public understanding of the joys and benefits of pets through education, support, and interaction.
Companion Animals – Our Vision
To Give every person the opportunity to experience the joy and love of pets.
Companion Animals – Our Role
- To sponsor and disseminate information on companion animal programs and the role of companion animals in improving the quality of life of pet owners.
- To collect and disseminate educational materials to teachers and schools, the media and the pet industry on responsible ownership and pet care.
- To interact with associations, organizations and societies in order to coordinate programs of mutual interest.
- To educate the public on benefits of the human animal bond and human companion animal bond.
- To be an information resource for the general public and pet industry.
Pet Care Trust – Financial Support
The Pet Care Trust pet foundation is supported by contributions from Individuals, Pet Industry Companies, Industry Associations, Corporate Sponsors, and Foundations. The pet-owning public, veterinary medical community and companion animal related organizations are encouraged to support projects and programs presented by The Pet Care Trust. Contributions may be directed to support specific programs or invested in the Trust Foundation in accordance with donors’ preference.
Pet Care Trust Tax Status
A non-profit public foundation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions to the The Pet Care Trust, a pet foundation, are tax deductible as charitable contributions.
The Pet Care Trust is instrumental in the sponsorship of programs supporting companion animal welfare and the benefits of owning companion pets as well as the development of educational programs demonstrating the importance of responsible companion animal ownership.
- Award pet care grants and grants to non-profit organizations and institutions for projects or special programs involving animal care, welfare, responsible pet ownership, or sponsorship of symposia for veterinary medical community, humane organizations, educators and the general public.
- Provide media information to disseminate accurate information on the Trust’s programs and pet care grants.
- Provides the Pets in the Classroom Program to help teachers pre-K through 8th grade purchase or maintain pets in the classroom through direct, no-hassle grants.