Teachers, when it comes to Pets in the Classroom, we know you have some AMAZING stories to tell us! We need your enthusiasm and passion to help us spread the word about the fantastic benefits of having pets in your classrooms! Whether it’s encouraging literacy in reluctant readers, calming anxious students, fostering a breakthrough in a student with disabilities, or any other positive changes you’ve seen, we want to hear about your “Success Story” involving pets in YOUR classroom! YOU COULD WIN $1000!! Please share an original video with us that shows the positive changes you’ve seen in your classroom through your classroom pet! 1st place winner will receive $1000. 2nd place winner will receive $500. 3rd place winner will receive $250.
To Enter the Pets in the Classroom Success Story Video Contest:
Upload your video to YouTube, Instagram, or Vimeo and share the link with us through the entry form below. All eligible submissions must be received electronically by 5 p.m. EST, Friday, March 6, 2020. From Wednesday, March 11 at 12:00 a.m. EST to Friday, April 3 at 4 p.m. EST, people will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite video on the Pets in the Classroom website. Each entrant will receive a link to their submission to share with family, friends, and school associates! Be sure to share your entry on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, in an email, on your blog, in a newsletter, etc. to capture votes! And use #classpetsuccess! ***The winners of the contest will be selected by a committee of judges from the 10 videos with the most votes!***
Contest winners will be announced Wednesday, April 15.
The entrant(s) must:
- Be a Pets in the Classroom grant recipient in a previous or the current school year that has a small animal that resides in the classroom (Dogs, cats and other larger house pets do not qualify).
- Submit a video that shares about his or her classroom pet experience.
- Submit video lasting 30 seconds to 3 minutes showcasing the positive impact of the Pets in the Classroom program.
- Certify that all content in the video is original and belongs to the entrant(s).
- Obtain permission to use any location that is shown in the video.
- Have in their possession a signed Photo/Video Release Form from all people in the video who can be visibly recognized—minors must have parent or guardian signatures.
- Not use copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
Rules: By submitting an entry, the entrant(s) represents that the video is an original work, and the entrant(s) is the sole owner of all rights to the video. The entrant(s) also agrees to allow the Pet Care Trust to use his or her name to post on the Pets in the Classroom website, without compensation unless prohibited. Each entrant(s) retains his or her rights to their video but grants to Pet Care Trust a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the video, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any Pet Care Trust purpose, including, but not limited to, education, advertising, and promotion. Pet Care Trust will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. The Pet Care Trust, its agents and contractor, are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or postage-due entries. The entrant is responsible for obtaining legal permission to film on the location they have chosen. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law. Pet Care Trust reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. Decisions of Pet Care Trust are final and binding.
Thank You, Hikari, for sponsoring the
Pets in the Classroom Success Story Video Contest!
If you are having technical difficulties or have questions about the contest, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.