Pets in the Classroom is happy to provide grants to teachers across the U.S. and Canada. Have you applied? If not, let us tell you a little more about Pets in the Classroom…
Pets in the Classroom, established by the Pet Care Trust, provides financial support to aid teachers in purchasing classroom pets and pet supplies in an effort to promote public understanding of the joys and benefits of pet care. It’s available to pre-K through 8th grade teachers of private and public schools. Teachers can apply online through our website.
We care about our teachers, the students, and the pets. That’s why we provide plenty of information through our website and social media outlets. Here are some resources to take advantage of:
- Things to Consider Before Getting A Classroom Pet List – Check out this list if you are still considering getting a classroom pet!
- Classroom Pet Care Sheets – Get information on proper setup and needs for various classroom pets.
- Coloring Sheets – Print off some free coloring sheets for your students!
- Our Blog– See posts on curriculum ideas, classroom pet options, benefits of classroom pets, and more!
- Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ – Use our social media platforms to get news, pet facts, advice, and to share your questions and/or pictures and stories with us!
- Pinterest – Some of our Pinterest boards include: Curriculum Ideas, Classroom Pet Options, Books about Classroom Pets, In the News, Teacher Resources, Interesting Ideas for the Classroom, and more!