Do You Qualify?
- Are you a pre-K through 8th grade public or private school teacher in the US or Canada?
- Is this your first time applying for a Pets in the Classroom grant this school year?
- Are you aware that if you’ve previously received a store or rebate grant, you are now ONLY eligible for the Sustaining Grant?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, you are eligible to apply.
You Must Review and Agree to All Terms Before Applying for a Grant.
Terms & Conditions
When filling out grant application, please use FULL School name. School districts and abbreviations will not be accepted and the application will be cancelled.
- You may only submit ONE APPLICATION per school year. Teachers who apply for more than one grant in a school year may be disqualified from the program.
- Teachers who have previously received a Pets in the Classroom grant are only eligible to apply for the Sustaining Grant.
- Pets in the Classroom grants are offered to Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade classes only in both public and private schools. High Schools , Homeschools, Home Daycare Centers and Home-based preschools do not qualify for grants at this time.
- These grants are intended to support pets or aquariums in the classroom for the purposes of teaching children to bond with and care for their pets responsibly. The welfare of the small animals involved is of paramount importance. These grants must not be used for the purposes of research or experiments of any kind.
- Only small animals that reside in the classroom are eligible for this program. Dogs, cats and other larger house pets do not qualify. Science projects such as caterpillars/butterflies, worms/composting and chicken egg hatching projects are not considered pets in the classroom and do not qualify for this program. No animals classified as livestock will qualify.
- Grant approval is at the sole discretion of the Pet Care Trust.
- We cannot accept expired certificates or coupons.
- Grants are not transferable.
How to Apply
The Pet Care Trust, in partnership with our industry retailers and pet product suppliers, offers three different types of Pets in the Classroom grants:
- Store Grants (choose one of 6 participating retailers)
- Rebate grants ($75 for small animal; $125 for fish/reptile/amphibian)
- Sustaining ($50 yearly for maintenance of current pet)
Before deciding which grant to choose from, review our ”Is Your Class Ready for a Pet in the Classroom?” article.
Then, carefully consider
- What TYPE of classroom pet you are seeking?
- WHERE do you like to shop for your pet supplies?
The grants offered by our retail partners are limited to the animal types listed in the grant description. If you are seeking a classroom pet not listed on one of the retailer grants, or if you choose to shop at a different pet store other than one listed, you can choose the Pets in the Classroom Rebate grant. This is a rebate program that allows the teacher to make purchases then submit receipts for reimbursement.